Ganglion cysts, also known as Bible cysts, are the small and round sacs caused by tender irritation or mechanical change. They are usually formed on the joints and they are filled with viscous fluid.
Following are the home remedies to treat ganglion cysts at home:
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties, therefore, it helps in curing the pain and discomfort which happens due to the ganglion cyst.
- Ginger: an inch piece
- Water: 1 ½ cup
- Tea leaves: ½ teaspoon
- Boil the water on a gas stove.
- Now, add the ginger piece to the boiled water and add tea leaves to it.
- After 5 minutes turn the gas stove off.
- Pour the tea into a cup and drink it.
- Drink this tea 3- 4 times a day for 1 month, for a speedy recovery.
Warm compresses help in reducing the pain and increasing the blood circulation to the affected area which further promotes fluid drainage.
- Warm water: 1 bowl
- Cloth/ towel: 1
- Soak the cloth in warm water and squeeze out the excess water.
- Now, put this cloth on the affected area for 1-2 minute.
- Repeat these steps for 15 minutes.
- Do this 2 times daily, till the cysts get cured completely.
ALOE VERA GEL
Aloe vera gel is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in speedy recovery of the cysts.
- Aloe vera leaves: 1- 2
- Slit an aloe vera leaf into 2 halves.
- Now, extract the fresh aloe vera gel out of it and collect it in a jar.
- Apply the gel on the affected area.
- After an hour rinse the affected area with normal water.
- Do this twice a day, once in the morning and once before going to bed.
- Do this daily for 1 month for positive results.
Epsom salt helps in healing the cysts and pain caused due to it.
- Epsom salt: ½ teaspoon
- Borax: 1/8 teaspoon
- Warm glycerine: 1/3 cup
- Cotton ball: 1
- Mix Epsom salt, warm glycerine, and borax in a bowl. Mix it properly until all the ingredients are dissolved.
- Using a cotton ball, apply this solution on the affected area.
- Use a bandage to cover this area.
- Do not remove the bandage until you are going to repeat this step.
- Do this twice daily, once in the morning after your bath and once in the night before going to bed.
- Do this for a month.
Acidic properties of tea bags help in curing the cysts and preventing it from getting it worse.
- Tea bag: 1
- Warm water: 1 cup
- In a cup full of warm water, dip a tea bag.
- After 1 minute, take the tea bag out of the cup and squeeze the excess water out of it.
- Keep the tea bag over the affected area for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the tea bag and rinse the affected area with normal water.
- Do this 3 times a day, daily for 1 month.
- Do not try to puncture the cyst with a needle or any pointed object as the cyst may get worsened.
- Make sure no object touch the cyst as it may lead to skin damage.
- If you get the cyst on your foot, then do not wear shoes.
- And, if the cyst grows on your hand then do not move that area frequently.